The Food Decay System Breakdown [Work in Progress]
The implementation of the Food Decay system is to present a new & yet realistic challenge to the players.
- All Consumable items will have a Temperature value, this includes food/drinkable items
- All food items that exceeds their max temperature will accelerate the degradation process (all food items have different values)
- Drinking a very cold beverage will decrease your body temperature slightly
- If the temperature reaches MINUS -10C, food decay will seize completely [blue]
- If the temperature stays below it’s “max temperature”, food degradation is normal (slow) [green]
- If the temperature exceeds “max temperature”, food degradation is accelerated [red]
Normal temperature status, slow degradation
Accelerated food degradation, exceeds the foods max temperature for storage
Food degradation stopped when frozen close to ~-10C
- Storing food items in the players inventory will inherit your body temperature (ambient+body temperature)
- Storing food in a container keeps it at ambient temperature
- There are special containers that you can craft for storing food items, an example is a Cellar in your home
The food system is not 100% completed, but this is what I got so far.